The operators of state roads and motorways are involved in the implementation of CROCODILE 2 CROATIA project with the purpose of ensuring coordinated management and traffic control which will result in a high quality of information services to travellers on one of the most important road corridors in wider Europe.
For the exchange of data and information at the European level DATEX II standard will be used. DATEX II is a standard for the exchange of information between centres for traffic control and management, traffic information centres and the providers and users of services in transport. With the implementation of DATEX II standard and with the introduction of the Main centre for traffic control on motorways, the Main centre for traffic control on state roads and the National Access Point an efficient control and traffic management are made possible and the Republic of Croatia becomes a part of the integrated ITS on the surrounding European road corridors with the aim of continuous improvement of traffic safety, and to ensure better communication with customers.
Necessary prerequisite for the development and introduction of the ITS Directive is the completion of the following facilities:
- National access point
- Main centre for traffic control on motorways
- Main centre for traffic control on state roads
- Introduction of DATEX II standard in all facilities for surveillance and traffic control and notifications on state roads and motorways in Croatia.
Development and introduction of DATEX II standard includes the following:
- National access point (NAP)
- Main centre for traffic control and management on motorways (MCTCM-M)
- Main centre for traffic control and management on state roads (MCTCM -SR)
- Regional centres for traffic control and management on motorway sections (RCTCM-M)
- Regional centres for traffic control and management on state road sections (RCTCM-SR)
All traffic data from regional centres for traffic control and management on motorway sections and state road sections will be delivered to the Main centre for traffic control on motorways as well as to the Main centre for the traffic control on state roads and further on to the National Access Point using DATEX II standard.
The project is co-financed by the EU - Connecting Europe Facility
- Beginning of project: 2016
- End of project: 2021
- Project value: €10,956,000.00
- EU co-financing: €9,312,600.00
- Partners: EU, MSTI and public roads operators